Wednesday 7 April 2010

Thank You Magnolia Tri-Card

Evening Peeps,

I have been working on this project for a couple of days.  It's one of those that I have admired from afar, printed the tutorial a few months back with good intention but never actually got round to giving it a go.  So after seeing Crafty Cardmakers challenge this week of trying something you usually avoid or have never done before, I thought it time that I dug out my tutorial and face up to this challenge.  Although I am pleased with the result it has taken me the last two evenings.  I prepared the card base yesterday evening and thought it won't take me long to decorate tonight when I get in........... How wrong was I.  For some silly reason I decided to make my own flowers and after a further 3 hours later here is my very first Tri-card:-


 I have coloured Tilda with Copics and matted onto nestabilities which I inked with distress inks, just love those.  The papers are Bo Bunny, got a thing about these papers and colours at the mo, just fab.  I have used the Marianne Design Die for the swirls and the flowers are made from Bo Bunny cardstock with a little lilac rose placed in the centre.  The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with nesties.  Leaves and ribbon from stash.


I am entering my first Tri-card into the following challenges:-

Just Magnolia, At least two folds
Crafty Cardmakers - Something you have avoided doing
One Stop Craft - Paper piecing
Charisma Cards - Thank You



19 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is truly a beautiful piece of work! Fabulous card!
Thanks for joining us at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow Tracy this is totally stunning what else can I say...wonderful work.

Hugs
Lorraine x

stampinfrog said...

Tracy your first tri fold card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the papers and Miss Tilda is colored beautifully!Fantastic details!
Hugs,Connie

Lizzy said...

WOW this is stunning! so much work gone into it ~ good luck in the challenges xx lizzy xx

Fleur said...

Wow this is just stunning - I adore Tilda, she looks so pretty
Hugz Fleur xXx

Vixykins said...

Beautiful work Tracy and a huge sense of achievement with it! Well Done hunny on taking the plunge and challenging yourself at crafty cardmakers x

Teresa said...

Wow! Tracy this is a stunning piece of art work it looks fantastic you can see there was a lot of love put into making this beauty!!!
Luv Teresa xx

Debra James said...

Beautiful. Amazing. Stunning. Great creativity and imagination...so well put together. Your colouring is beautiful and all the extra work with you making your own flowers has deffinetly been worth all the time you put into your card Wow! Thanks for playing with Magnolia Down Under Challenges, hugs xxxx

angelwhispers said...

Tracy this Tri-card is absolutly stunning!!!! The colours of the Bo-Bunny papers are just so rich and looks gorgeous with the tilda!!! Then all the detail with these beautiful flowers and the sentiment make it looks so fabulous!! Love it Chanelle xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

Hi Tracy
This is so beautiful, it was sooo worth taking so long on it :)

Anonymous said...

this card is so gorgeous! love the flowers.
xx

Anne said...

omg Tracy this is adorable!!!!
Love all the details, a fantasic card
Anne x

Debbie Pamment said...

Wow – what a fabulous job you’ve done with the challenge – your card is gorgeous. Love your wonderful colour combo and the fabulous touches of green bling.
Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Jodie from Oz said...

Your thank you card is beautiful and Tilda is adorable. A great take on the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Have a great day. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Itzuvit said...

This is a stunning tri card!!! I love it!!!
Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week! :)
Hugs Itzuvit xx

Joey said...

WOW Tracy all I can say is WOW!!! Just stunning.xxx

Maggie Bob said...

Gorgeous intricate card - I especially like the flowers you've made!

Thanks for playing along at One Stop Craft Challenge.

Maggie
x

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is fabulous--I love the tri-fold and your gorgeous flowers! Tilda is beautifully colored! Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
Hugs,
April

zoe.payne said...

wow! this card is amazing, cant believe its the 1st time you've made one, its beautiful everything about it the colours, flowers and seewt tilda well done really lovely xx